Fast and Easy Separation
The separation of high purity biomolecules is essential for biological research, diagnostics, and drug development. However, the separation process often involves multiple centrifugation or liquid chromatography steps, which typically consume 80% of the total cost and time. Magnetic separation technology provides a quick, easy and convenient alternative to traditional methods for reliably capturing cells and biomolecules.
The new superparamagnetic particles from MagSense Life Sciences, Inc, represent a breakthrough of performance in magnetic separation – the magnetic force of these particles is significantly higher and more uniform than has been previously available. The strong magnetic power makes them highly effective in purifying proteins and cells at a fast speed with minimum loss and indirect handling of viscous solutions.
The particles are conveniently functionalized with a dense layer of hydrophilic polymer that makes them easy for conjugation, stable in a physiological salt solution, and low in nonspecific adsorption. The unique properties of these particles make it possible to performing demanding separations from large volumes (e.g. fermentation broths), high viscosity solutions (e.g. serum or whole blood), or in applications where efficiency matters.
- Fast response for the bench-top procedure
- Suitable for high-speed separation
- Pre-coated with streptavidin, protein A, or carboxyl groups
- Low nonspecific adsorption
- High recovery
- Strong magnetic signal
- Superparamagnetic without residual magnetism
- Sterilizable with autoclave or ethanol
- Monodisperse in size (CV<15%)
- Evenly loaded magnetic material
- Positive or negative cell sorting
- Protein purification
- Hyperthermia treatment
- Bioanalytical measurement
- Magnetic tweezers